September 19, 2015
Mother Earth Brew Co.
Started the year out at one of the places I've been to most, Mother Earth Brew Co. Located in Vista, Mother Earth was the first brewery located in the revamped Main Street Vista area. The setup has an open, industrial feel (like most of the breweries in the Vista area) but there are a good number of tables. I'll try to remember to take a picture later.
One of the perks of Mother Earth is the fact that URBN Pizza is right across the street and will deliver to the brewery. If you haven't had their mashed potato and bacon pizza, you are missing out. Its amazing.
The BEERS:
Now having had most of the beers that Mother Earth brews, I mainly stick to what I like (which in this case is not their IPAs). Here is what I had:
1. Cali' Creamin' Vanilla Cream Ale - I love Cream Soda. Love it. Back in college, I went a year where every day during the break in a 2 hour class, I would buy a cream soda and crumb donuts. Also back in college, I weighed a lot of pounds. I mean, like all the pounds. Regardless of that, I had cream soda all the time, never tired of it, and was always in the search for the best. This beer is a cream soda with a small kick. It's very enjoyable, especially during a warm day.
2. Cali-Tax - This hybrid consists of the Cali' Creamin' Vanilla Cream Ale (above) and the Sin Tax Imperial Peanut Butter Stout (a chocolate-y, peanut butter beer that tastes like dessert). Now, I like both of these beers individually, but together they are great. The cream ale makes the richer Stout smoother and the flavors meld together nicely. More alcoholic than it tastes, so watch out.
3. Imagination Land Golden Coffee Milk Stout - This one was new. Sounded interesting, so I had to try it, and now that I have...it was ok. Looked like a Boddingtons and had a faint flavor of lightly roasted coffee. Probably won't get it again, but wouldn't turn it down if offered.
Well, that is it. There are approximately 75-100 breweries in SD (though there are a number of duplicates) so in order to get this done, I am going to have to average 1-2 a week. Suggestions are always welcome.
Thanks for listening, cheers.

No comments:
Post a Comment