Tuesday, September 22, 2015

September 18, 2015

The Beginning

San Diego is the home to an obscene number of breweries and I feel its about time I try to visit them. In the next year (starting last weekend with my birthday), I am going to try to visit all of the breweries in SD and take note of the various beers I drink.

First and foremost, I want to apologize for the terrible writing that is sure to follow. My goal is to update this page as I go along but as absent-minded as I am, that is quite the lofty goal. Also, while I have a grasp of various beers and love drinking them, I am in no way an expert. I will make mistakes. I will more likely not catch the chocolate notes in ______ Brewing's Stout. I will try my best to be comprehensive but listen to me at your own risk.

As for the structure of the posts...I dont know. I will discuss what I had to drink and the spot at the least. If there is anything that you would like to know, let me know and I will try to incorporate.

My beer tastes (take this into consideration when I discuss various beers):
- As most San Diego beer drinkers can say, I am a fan of India Pale Ales (IPAs). San Diego has created some of the best IPAs out there and while I may stray from them every once in a while, IPAs are a nice security blanket I can always fall back on.
- Stouts and Porters are really good. Took a while but I am finding myself gravitating to these beers .
- Not the biggest fan of Belgians, Sours, or Wheats but can and will drink them. Lagers are here and there.

Lastly, if ANYONE wants to hit a brewery...let me know. Drinking alone is sort of sad, always better with friends.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment